Riding with Sam
Host a Clinic
Comments by Clients
Dressage, Jumping Cross Country
Full Immersion Camps
Fun - ID
Video Lesson &
natural horsemanship equestrian center offering Alternative Horsemanship with
Samantha Harvey. Riding lessons and training in
ground work, jumping, dressage, cross country, endurance, trail, western
horsemanship & riding plus much more. Sam Harvey offers training with a focus on colt starting, refinement and
finishing. Horses learn respect at
school. Instruction offered by Sam Harvey, whose background includes 3 Day
Eventing, Jumpers, Western Horsemanship, Dressage and more. Sam is also an
alumna of The United States Pony Club Youth Congress. Have your young children
come join our Pony Pals Program (also Pony Rides and Party Ponies) with Jennifer Harvey. We offer facility
membership and rentals for use of: round pens, dressage arenas,
conditioning tracks, beginner trails, jumping & gaming arenas and more!
Gorgeous, scenic location with easy access on Selle Road in Sandpoint, Idaho
available for recreational and recognized shows with overnight camping and
overnight corrals, even for overnight travelers. We winter in Yuma, Arizona and
offer lessons, training and clinics. Samantha offers clinics throughout the
United States along with Spring and Summer Full Immersion Camp Clinics in ID,
private horsemanship and responses online to Ask the Trainer. Sam also
offers Alternative Equestrian Assessments. Adventure Pony Pals, Party
Hosting a Samantha Harvey Clinic
Typically clinics are booked months in advance, but we do occasionally have
last minute openings. It can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to
get a clinic organized. Once you have 6 to 9 people committed to
participate we will be happy to schedule a clinic at your facility.
Host's responsibilities: Don't be scared! It's quite easy and a fun way to
gather like minded horse people for a fun filled, safe and supportive clinic.
- Determine at least two date options, times, length of clinic (2-5 days)
and clinic content/focus
- Secure a suitable facility to hold the clinic
(see requirements below)
- Distribute and collect all paperwork (see
below) related to clinic registration and liability waivers
- Collect fees from participants one month PRIOR to the first day of the
- Mail all participants registration paperwork & fees to Sam as final
confirmation of clinic one month prior to the first day of the clinic
- Organize accommodation/meals for Sam (see below)
- Act as the "on-site" organizer during the clinic
Why should you host a clinic?
- Opportunity to bring Sam to your area
- Meet other nearby like minded horse people
- Host benefit of $100 discount towards clinic fee
Clinic Size- Smaller,
personalized clinics designed to address the individual participant's needs.
Minimum of 6 and maximum of 9 participants in a clinic.
All ages, riding levels and
Clinic Format- Flexible according to the needs and desires of the
participants. Most include individualized groundwork sessions and both
individual and group riding sessions. Some topics include but are not
- Raising your level of awareness
- Assessing both yourself and your horse in order to offer appropriate and
- Learning how to EFFECTIVELY communicate with your horse
- Unmounted Anatomical Session
- Refining how, when and what aids you use
- Disrespectful, scared, insecure & worried horses
- Understanding how to use your energy levels both on the ground and in
the saddle to influence your horse
- 60' Round Pen with quality footing
- Riding area- depending on the focus of the clinic i.e. trails, jumps,
Dressage arena, etc.
- Weather "proof"- depending on the time of year and location
- Clean and easily accessible restroom facilities
Sam is flexible to stay in a guest room or at a nearby hotel.
Accommodation should be booked beginning the night prior to the first day of the
clinic through the night of the last day of the clinic. All meals starting
from breakfast on the first day of the clinic through dinner on the last day
must be provided for her.
Clinic Participant Fees:
Depending on the number of participants and the length of clinic.
Typical fees are between $150-175/day/participant/horse. Please
email for quote.
Auditors welcome $40/day/person.
Depending on your location either driving or flight arrangements will need to
be reimbursed or coordinated. Please
with your location for a quote.
Sam carries professional liability insurance that covers all horse handling
and teaching. Copy of policy available upon request.
Sam will provide you with the appropriate liability waivers (for each
participant- they will also need to sign one for the facility the clinic will be
held at), Owner Information Sheet and Participant Registration Forms
For More Information
or to set up a clinic please
Toll Free 866-904-011